Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Joe's Birthday

One of the fun things about my little family is that our birthdays all fall on Holidays, mine is Pearl Harbor day, Rosalind's is Veterans day, and Joe's is on St. Patrick's day. For Joe that day is great he loves the color green, and he married a leprechaun (are there female one?) This year I decided instead of inviting people to our house we would go out. I gave Joe the choice of mini-golf or bowling and he chose mini-golf. So we invited some of our friends and family to meet us at Trafalga in Orem.

I decided that I would make Joes favorite cake that his mom always made on his birthday, because it is green. Everybody seems to love it except for me, the things we do for love. The cake is basically pistachio pudding mix, white cake mix, and dream whip. I added some extra green food coloring to the icing and some shamrock sprinkles for a little extra St.Patty's fun.

So the mini golfing was fun Rosalind was quickly bored. Joe's sister-in-law Beth beat both Joe and I soundly. The most fun
was all the kids playing arcade games, and then buying stupid
stuff with the tickets. I think a good time was had by all!

No comments: