Friday, July 25, 2014

Sea turtle Undefined carved stamp set

So this stamp set has been a long time in the making but after a year of  thinking I finally made it! There is a back story too! I love sea turtles and have collected them for years. Take a look at my pinterest page! When I was in high school in Georgia I spent a few summers working with a sea turtle research project on Wassa island. We would watch at night for the mama turtles to come up to nest, then we would tag and measure them and mark the nest. Later in the summer we would watch for hatching eggs and count how many came from the nest and then did up the nest to see how many eggs didn't hatch. I will post a picture from the island later. It was so much fun and I have been a bit obsessed ever since. 

For my first set carved I am pretty happy with it! I plan to carve a few more shells but ran out of rubber.


If you are interested in carving your own stamps the link for my web page is below.

2 comments:

Coon Family said...

This is AWESOME! Love it!

Becky Cowley said...

Kate! That is so awesome! I had no idea you worked with sea turtles. Super cute set, amd fabulous job for first set carved!